Marc Whyte is a husband, father, attorney and community volunteer who is running for State Representative to bring a new generation of energetic, conservative leadership to the Texas House.
He believes in the power of free enterprise and entrepreneurship to unleash the engines of economic growth in order to create new jobs and new investment to benefit working Texans. He is a lifelong Republican who supports local control, limited government and conservative solutions to the challenges our state faces.
Marc earned a business degree from Wake Forest University and his law degree from St. Mary's University School of Law. As an attorney in private practice, he represents businesses in a variety of commercial litigation matters, especially in the employment, oil & gas and banking areas. Marc is also a dedicated community volunteer and public servant. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Port of San Antonio, on the City of San Antonio Ethics Review Board, on the board of the Faith Family Clinic, as president of Defense Counsel of San Antonio and on the Valero Alamo Bowl Committee. Marc is an alumnus of Leadership San Antonio, Class 40.
Marc and his wife Lorien live in San Antonio's Marymont neighborhood with their 2 young daughters, Ashlynn and Olivia.
Public Service and Community Engagement
• Defense Counsel of San Antonio (2006-present; President in 2014)
• Texas Republican Convention Delegate (2014)
• Port of San Antonio Board of Directors (2017-present)
• City of San Antonio Ethics Review Board (2015-2017)
• City of San Antonio 2017 Bond Committee (Parks) (2017)
• "Rising Star," Thomson Reuters (2010-2017)
• Faith Family Clinic Board Member (2013-2015)
• Leadership San Antonio, Class 40 (2015)